Friday, September 09, 2005

Indestructible

It's late and yet again I am pondering on the unknown

Time is running out at the moment for my Dad who currently suffers from Cancer of the Brain. I just wish I knew the future and how long we have left together, but I don't. I just have to keep telling myself that it will be okay, to be strong and hold it together, get on with my life and keep level headed!

I was inspired to write a poem the other day as I was feeling emotional and thought that I might share it with the blogging community, please feel free to comment on this, I would look forward to your words... It's called Indestructible here goes....

Indestructible

A fragile mind
For such a complex world
A life unkind

A disease we cannot cure
Holding on to your life
Taking away all that is pure

A place in our hearts
To be remembered by
The end to our future starts

A life misunderstood
The light's just gone out
Please shed no more tears, blood

We are not indestructible dad
Just flesh and bones
For me, it's all too soon, so sad...

--------------------------------------

That's it I feel better for sharing it with someone now, hope you were moved by these words! I'm off to bed now, travelling tomorrow so it will be a long day!

Nite Nite!

No comments: